Turn your favorite activity into a fundraiser for PMP Pals! Lemonade stands, 5Ks, book reading — whatever your fancy — you can have fun and inspire your friends and family to support your efforts.
Become an Athlete Ambassador
Ariel’s Fitness Challenge (Athlete Ambassador Ariel Mierendorf, pictured here, competes in triathlons and endurance events to prove life is worth living beyond a Stage IV cancer diagnosis.
Thinking about training for an endurance event? Join Ariel as a PMP Pal Athlete Ambassador and set a fundraising goal along with your physical goal! An endurance event can be anything from setting a personal walking goal to running a marathon. Walk 1000 miles in 2024 and celebrate it by raising $1,000 for PMP Pals. Sign up for that half marathon you’ve always wanted to do and make your miles meaningful by raising $1,310 (in honor of 13.1 miles)
Host an event
Want to get your friends and family involved? Here are a few ideas where you can request a suggested donation for all guests who attend:
- Trivia night
- Golf, tennis, kickball, cornhole, ping pong tournament
- Virtual 5K
- Tea party
- Charity happy hour with a special guest bartender, YOU!
- Dinner or gala
- Create your own walk, run or bike ride
- Cooking competition
- Don’t forget to include: 50/50 raffle, silent raffle, and/or door prizes
Facebook and Instagram Fundraisers are simple and secure. You can create a fundraiser to celebrate your birthday, a cancerversary or even, honor another patient or caregiver. We recommend setting your goal to a minimum of $500. Need help setting up your fundraiser? Email us to schedule a time to walk you through each step.
Tips for Instagram and Facebook Fundraising:
- Make it personal! Personalize your fundraiser with details of why you are raising money for PMP Pals.
- Use photos/videos that are related to the cause
- Make a donation to show your commitment
- Share your progress on a weekly basis and save progress posts to Instagram story highlights
- Remind your donors to ask their employers about matching gifts
- Ask your employer if they will match your fundraising total
- Start your fundraiser during a special month, such as: Appendix Cancer Awareness month (August), National Caregivers Month (November), your birthday month
- Create reasons to ask for donations throughout the campaign, for example: Fundraising Fridays
- Suggest donations, such as: $25 for Pals 25th anniversary, $55 for your 55th birthday, $5 for 5th year cancerversary
- Add a 30-60 day deadline to create urgency (you can easily extend your fundraiser)