PMP Pals Network 2017 Annual Conference
October 7 @ 5:30 pm - October 8 @ 2:00 pm
The PMP Pals Network 2017 Annual Conference will take place in beautiful Monterey, California on October 7th & 8th where it’s been held year after year. On Saturday evening we’ll enjoy fun and fellowship over dinner at El Torito on Cannery Row from 5:30 PM – 8:30 PM, followed by the conference at the Bayonet & Black Horse golf course on Sunday from 9:00 AM – 2:00 PM. The cost for the conference is $75 per person and dinner is $25 per person. The conference includes a fabulous breakfast and lunch that will exceed your expectations and meet all dietary needs. At the conference you’ll find fellowship with other patients and caregivers, learn more about treatment for PMP and enjoy stories of hope and inspiration. We’ll also enjoy live acoustic music at both events from singer and songwriter Melissa Harding.
Agenda: This year PMP Pals is proud to focus on mental health while fighting cancer. Fighting cancer is incredibly stressful for both patients and their caregivers and puts significant stress on relationships, but there are specific actions all of us can take to manage that part of our health. We’ve assembled a host of presenters we know you’ll love that will discuss topics related to mental health such as emotional support, physical exercise, integrative medicine and spiritual support. And as always, we’ll have a HIPEC specialist who will be happy to answer all your questions.
Presenters: Our presenters and their topics include:
- Dr. Laura Lambert, is a surgical oncologist, palliative care and hospice physician, and associate professor at UMass Memorial who performs the HIPEC procedure. Dr. Lambert is well known for treating appendix cancer, pseudomyxoma peritonei and other abdominal cancers
- Dr. Tessa Sugarbaker, MFT & OB-GYN, will discuss how therapy helps alleviate stress and negative emotions
- Dr. Samuel Jamieson, DC, ACN, will focus on holistic integrative medicine with nutrition and mental health
- Reverend Dr. Michael Barry, former Director of Pastoral Care at Cancer Treatment Centers of America Philadelphia & 4 time author will discuss forgiveness
- Brendon Ayanbadejo, Super Bowl Champion and Business Development Manager for OrangeTheory Fitness in Northern California, will discuss the importance of physical exercise as part of emotional health
Both the dinner and conference this year are arranged to make sure there’s plenty of time for patients and caregivers to mingle, share their stories and get advice from one another on navigating our journey. Monterey Bay is sure to be its own beautiful attraction where you’ll find fun at Cannery Row, Fisherman’s Wharf and the Monterey Bay Aquarium. Not to mention Carmel-by-the-Sea, Pebble Beach and 17 Mile Drive are all less than 15 minutes away.
If you are an international user and do not have a US bank account, you can pay with Paypal. Use the drop down to select the pricing for either the Dinner & Conference ($100) or the Conference alone ($75) and click the Add to Cart button below to pay.
Travel Information: For information on weather, lodging and transportation in Monterey Bay, go to this web page: Travel, Lodging & Weather for the PMP Pals Conference October 7-8, 2017.
Make time for yourself and your family and come make new friends who can support you through your journey. We hope to see you in Monterey! PMP Pals has HOPE for YOU!